Protection of Children, Young People and Adults Policy Statement:
360Life Church regards the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and adults with care and support needs and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well being of all, it has developed and operates a formal safeguarding policy.
- Is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults with care and support needs and ensuring their well-being.
- Undertakes to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with children, young people and adults with care and support needs.
- Is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people or adults with care and support needs is adequately trained, supervised and understands and follows the Church’s safeguarding policy.
- Believes every child and young person should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure those children and young people we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering.
- Recognises that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual, psychological, financial and discriminatory abuse and neglect of adults with care and support needs and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- Recognises the personal dignity and rights of adults with care and support needs and we will ensure all our policies and procedures will reflect this.
- Believes all adults should enjoy and have access to every aspect of the life of the Church.
We are committed to:
- Following statutory, denominational and specialist guidelines in relation to safeguarding children, young people and adults with care and support needs and will ensure that as a church all workers will work within the agreed procedure of our safeguarding policy.
- Implementing the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and all other relevant legislation.
- Supporting resourcing and training those who undertake this work.
- Ensuring that we are keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding.
- Ensuring that everyone agrees to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by the Church.
- Supporting all those in the Church affected by abuse.
- Children’s Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child or young person. Adult Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about an adult with care and support needs.
- Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed the police will be contacted as a matter of urgency.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
We will review this statement and our policy annually.
If you have any concerns for a child, young person or adult with care and support needs or in relation to any safeguarding matter then please speak to one of the Safeguarding Coordinators.
A copy of 360Life Church’s policy can be seen in the church office at:
360Life Church, Cale Green Life Centre, 71 Adswood Road, Stockport. SK3 8HR.
If the Church has any safeguarding concerns it will seek the advice of thirtyone:eight; a christian charity operating as an independent safeguarding specialist, and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
Further details about safeguarding policies, training and our Disclosure Service can be obtained from Thirtyone:eight, P O Box 133, Swanley, Kent BR8 7UQ Tel: 0303 003 11 11 Email: email@example.com Web: www.thirtyoneeight.org
updated May 2019