DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Registered UK Charity 1051794
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
360Life Church, Stockport is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
360Life Church, Stockport complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes where applicable: -
- For the Leadership Team – to provide pastoral care
- To administer membership records;
- To manage our employees and volunteers (including the carrying out of DBS checks in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy);
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To operate PrayerShare, a prayer group that uses a private WhatsApp group to disseminate requests for prayer;
- To provide cards and/or gifts to those attending Children’s groups, the Toddler group and CoffeeStop;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at 360Life Church;
- To operate the 360Life.church website and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
In the case of children & young people* we will keep records of emergency contacts and any allergies. Any information regarding a child or young person will require parental (or equivalent) consent.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your Gift Aid donations and keep you informed about church events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: -
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will include your information in the Church Directory with your consent; you have the right to specify what data we include. In order to claim Gift Aid we share details such as your name, address and the amount given with HMRC. We will only share your data with third parties outside of 360Life Church with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the aforementioned purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data.
- You are in regular attendance of 360Life Church;
- You have requested to be on our mailing list.
Specifically, we retain Gift Aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the tax year to which they relate; and church registers (baptisms, marriages, and funerals) permanently.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which 360Life Church, Stockport holds about you;
- The right to request that 360Life Church, Stockport corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for 360Life Church, Stockport to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means];
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new Notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints, please, in the first instance, contact the Data Protection Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.